Getting The Right Help After An Accident
Most people aren’t sure what to do or where to start after being involved in an accident. Accidents are unexpected and take you off guard. But there are several important steps to take to help ensure a smooth claim process moving forward.
I am attorney Mark Casto and I have more than 25 years of legal experience here in Georgia. I dedicate my practice 100% to personal injury cases and can help you determine the right steps to take following a car or motor vehicle accident.
What To Do After An Accident
There are a few steps everyone should take in the aftermath of an accident. These steps are crucial to both ensure your safety, and help give you the best possible chance at a successful settlement. Here are a few steps to take either immediately and shortly after an accident:
- Check yourself and your passengers for any injuries. Ensure you and your passengers are safe, first and foremost.
- Call an ambulance and seek medical attention. Even if injuries are not visible or immediately present, it’s important to get professional medical help to determine whether or not you have a hidden or potentially life-threatening injury.
- Contact the police to file a report. Speaking with a police officer and filing a police report can help you with your claim down the road.
- If you can, take several photos of the accident scene. Gathering evidence is essential in helping establish and prove your injury or damage claim
- Keep calm and remain respectful with the other driver. It’s important to have the other driver’s information for communication purposes and to file a claim with their insurance. It is also important to stay respectful even under the circumstances, in the interest of your claim.
- Talk to witnesses at the scene. Gather as much evidence as you can at the scene to add to your report and claim later on.
- Report the accident to your insurance company and contact an attorney. Report the accident as soon as you can and contact an attorney who can help you navigate the process successfully. Hiring an attorney gives you a better chance at obtaining maximum compensation.
Following these few steps after an accident can set you up for success when filing your accident claim. While each accident and each individual’s needs after an accident are unique and different, taking these steps, no matter the circumstances, can help you down the road with your personal injury claim.
Contact Me For More Help
Navigating the aftermath of an accident is complicated and confusing. Let me help you through this process. Use the contact form or call 706-450-7071 to set up an initial appointment with me at The Mark Casto Law Firm, PC, and I can walk you through the next steps. I serve clients throughout Columbus, Southwest Georgia and eastern Alabama.