Mark is a trial attorney and founder of The Mark Casto Law Firm, PC. where he represents individuals or families who have suffered an injury or the loss of a loved one. He has civil litigation experience in the areas of motor carrier/transportation liability (tractor-trailer wrecks), motor vehicle accidents, product liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, employment discrimination, and insurance bad faith.
Mark was voted as one of Georgia's Elite Lawyers by his peers.
He has also been voted by the people of the Columbus Community as a Reader's Choice Award Winner in the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Mark has litigated cases across the State of Georgia and other states including, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Texas and New Jersey.
Garnering Courtroom Experience as a Former Prosecutor
Mark's career began at the Office of District Attorney where he prosecuted numerous cases and was specifically assigned to prosecute child victim crimes. Mark acted as lead prosecutor in over 50 jury trials in Superior Courts of Georgia with an astonishing success rate.
Mark was a sole practitioner attorney for almost five years. In his sole practice, Mark gained extensive experience in representing the injured victim due to others' neglect. Mark, also, handled numerous criminal defense cases including the successful trial defense of an individual accused of murder. Additionally, Mark handled contested and complex domestic/divorce cases.
All in all, Mark has developed a great skill in the presentation of his cases at trial.
The History of The Mark Casto Law Firm, PC
In January 2006, Mark was a founding partner of The Law Firm of Bennett and Casto. Mark's practice focus on injured persons expanded to include personal injury, workers compensation, Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse, medical malpractice and employment discrimination claims.
Ten years later, in April 2016, Mark founded The Mark Casto Law Firm, PC on the premise of providing superior service to his clients. Believing that it is hypocritical to sue medical doctors when also asking these doctors to care for his personal injury and worker's compensation clients, Mark will not file a claim against a doctor for medical malpractice, but rather the hospital or other negligent parties.
Successful Appellate Practice
Mark also has handled numerous cases on appeal. He has argued in person before the Georgia Supreme Court and Georgia Court of Appeals. He has never lost an appeal in which he was allowed to argue in person before the Appellate Judges.
Education Mark earned a B.S. in Sports Management from Western Carolina University in 1991 and graduated with Honors. Mark earned a Juris Doctor from the University of Akron (Ohio) School of Law in 1996. Mark received the award for The Best Advocate at the 1996 Academy of Trial Lawyers Moot Court Competition held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- J.D. - 1996
- Honors: Received the award for The Best Advocate at the 1996 Academy of Trial Lawyers Moot Court Competition held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, North Carolina
- B.S. - 1991
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Sport Medicine / Management
- Georgia, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2001
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2001 to 2009
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2001 to 2009
- American Association of Justice, Member, 2001
- American Association for Justice, Trucking Litigation Group, Personal Injury Group
- Columbus Bar Association
- Chattahoochee Trial Lawyers Association
- Former President of the Chattahoochee Circuit Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Selected to Georgia Super Lawyers - Mark A. Casto - 2017 - Present
- Best Workers' Compensation Attorneys in Columbus - Expertise.com - 2022
- Elite Lawyer - Accidents & Injuries - Mark A. Casto - 2022
- Clients' Choice Award - Mark Arden Casto - AVVO - 2019
- Top 10% in the USA - Lawyers of Distinction
- 10.0 Rating - Top Attorney - Mark Arden Casto - AVVO
- Client Reviewed - Martindale Hubbell
- Peer Reviewed - Martindale Hubbell
- Top 100 - The National Trial Lawyers
- One of Georgia's Elite Lawyers
- Reader's Choice Award Winner in the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor for Paralegal Certification, Columbus Technical College, 1997 to 2001
- Columbus Community
- Athletic Booster Club
Current Employment Position
- Attorney and Founder
- Muscogee County, GA, District Attorney's Office, Attorney, 1996 to 2001
- Law Office of Mark A. Casto, Attorney / Sole Practitioner, 2001 to 2005
- The Law Firm of Bennett and Casto, Founding Partner, 2006 to 2016
Fraternities or Sororities
- Pi Kappa Phi