Personal Attention.
Maximum Compensation.

Upholding The Rights Of Injured Workers

Like most people, you probably spend the majority of your time at work. Because you spend so much time there, you have a higher probability of getting injured on the job.

Whether you’ve sustained minor or serious injuries at work, it is important to know that you are entitled to compensation for your losses through your workers’ compensation insurance. I am attorney Mark Casto, and I can help you understand exactly how this works.

What Do Workers’ Comp Attorneys Do?

The primary responsibility of a workers’ compensation attorney is to be by their client’s side through the entire process. They will help with filing claims as well as fighting for proper compensation during the leave of absence from work.

Additionally, your lawyer may also need to fight on your behalf to help you receive proper financial compensation for necessary medical expenses related to your workers’ comp claim.

Do All Businesses Have Workers’ Comp Insurance?

Any business with three or more employees is required to have workers’ compensation insurance in Georgia. This benefits program allows employees who are hurt or injured at work to receive fair compensation for their injuries.

Workers’ comp is a no-fault system, which means that you don’t have to prove negligence in order to recover compensation, which eliminates the need to file a lawsuit.

Although the money you receive from workers’ compensation may be modest, it should be enough to cover medical fees and lost earnings, as well as compensation for any permanent injuries.

If your claim is denied, delayed or otherwise inadequate, call 706-450-7071 now or speak with me about your case today.

How To File For Workers’ Comp

The first thing that you should do following an injury is to seek medical attention from your primary caregiver. If you are able, this may also be a good time to inform your employer or supervisor about your injury.

Remember: If you do not notify your employer of your accident within 30 days, you may lose your benefits.

Your employer may require you to submit a written accident report. If they do so, make sure to provide as many details as possible on the form. From there, your employer will give you a list of occupational doctors to choose from.

These professionals will ask you about the extent of your injuries and help evaluate the damage. If you got hurt at work, your workers’ compensation benefits should be applied.

What Are The Most Common Workers’ Comp Claims?

Below are some of the most common workers’ comp claims:

  • Injuries sustained while performing a work duty or participating in any event initiated by the company
  • Injuries sustained while on company property, including company vehicles
  • Occupational pains as a result of repetitive motions (i.e., carpal tunnel syndrome)
  • Stress-related injuries as a result of increased workload
  • Occupational illness or illnesses caused by long-term chemical exposure (i.e., asbestosis)

Informing your employer about your injuries does not formally begin the workers’ compensation process. You will also need to submit a Notice of Claim or Form WC-14 to the State Board and send a copy of this form to your employer and your company’s insurer.

Let My Firm Help You Get The Benefits You Deserve

I know how stressful it is to deal with paperwork and deadlines at the same time you are recovering from your injuries.

This is why I want to get to know you and your case, and help you receive your benefits if I can. Whether your claim was denied, the process is taking too long, or you just want some guidance while you file, I am here for you.

Let me take the legal burden off your shoulders. I am here to make sure that all the required documents for your workers’ comp claim are filed properly and on time.

I will stand by your side and help you appeal if your claim is denied. I can even file a personal injury lawsuit or a third-party negligence claim if the workers’ comp system fails you.

No matter what stage you’re at in the process, I can help. Call me at 706-450-7071 to schedule a free, no-obligation strategy session at The Mark Casto Law Firm, PC.

/*Button is not working using Spacebar*/