An Accident In A Recreational Vehicle Can Quickly Ruin The Fun
Motor vehicle accidents come in all shapes and sizes. Accidents involving recreational vehicles (RVs) may be somewhat less common, but they are just as serious. In some cases, these types of accidents can be even more dangerous.
When a day spent enjoying the great outdoors turns catastrophic, you need a seasoned legal advocate on your side. I am attorney Mark Casto, of The Mark Casto Law Firm, PC. I have more than 25 years of experience fighting for injury victims like you, and can help you recover the compensation you need to move forward.
Why Are Recreational Vehicle Accidents So Dangerous?
There are several reasons for this, including:
- The size of the vehicles – Recreational vehicles may be larger or significantly smaller than regular cars and trucks. These size variations can make certain vehicles more prone to accidents or cause more significant injuries.
- In some cases, passengers are less secure when inside a recreational vehicle – Some recreational vehicles do not have seat belts or riders or passengers wearing proper protective gear.
- Liability questions may come into play – The manufacturer of the vehicle may be held partially responsible in some cases.
- Drivers of these vehicles may not have adequate experience driving these types of vehicles – and especially may not know what to do when things go wrong.
- Manufacturing defects can be present in these vehicles, causing accidents.
These accidents can cause serious harm, but whether you’re a victim driving a regular sedan or a victim inside a recreational vehicle, you can recover compensation for damages and injuries.
What Qualifies As An RV?
There are a few different types of recreational vehicles, all with different purposes and uses. However, it will be important to your claim to distinguish what type of vehicle was involved in your accident. A few types of vehicles that fall under the umbrella of the title of a recreational vehicle are:
- Motor homes or campers
- All-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- Dirt bikes
- Boats and Jet Skis
These accidents should be taken seriously and can require an experienced professional to handle them properly. An attorney with extensive experience in complex personal injury cases can help you pursue a fair and full settlement. I have experience serving clients throughout Columbus, Southwest Georgia and eastern Alabama.
Find Out More
Contact my law firm, The Mark Casto Law Firm, PC, for more information about recreational vehicle accidents and your options for resolving these types of legal matters. You can use my contact form to set up an appointment or call 706-450-7071 to get in touch.