Many times, we are presented with happenings that people may think are cases but they really are not. Accidents happen of course but when the accident is out of your control, you may question what your options are when it comes to taking legal action.
Let’s talk about slip and fall accidents.
With a slip and fall case, you need to know two things.
- Who are the liable parties?
- Were they actually negligent?
Let’s say you slip and fall on a tack in your local store. If you have a case, we need to know a) what store you were in and b)where the tack even came from. We need to investigate the actual negligence in each case before pursuing it.
What are some of the things we investigate before taking your case?
We investigate the weather that day, whether you took the proper precautionary measures, whether or not precautionary measures were taken on behalf of the business (wet floor signs), and lastly, evidence. Many times the evidence can be misplaced or discarded. We want to take full advantage when it comes to preserving the evidence that is available to us. This includes the tack you may have fallen on, any video evidence, and even your shoes that you were wearing.
Here are some main things that will strongly help your case:
- Take photos of the shoes and clothes that you were wearing the day of the accident. Specifically, focus on the tread of the shoes.
- Make sure you file an accident report with the business so they are aware of what happened.
- If you are in pain, seek help immediately. Any delay in medical attention may seem like your injuries are not that serious or painful.
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident, The Mark Casto Law Firm, PC wants to help you! Mark Casto can take you from victim to victory. Give him a call 706-450-7071.